Wacky Reference Wednesdays, No. 330

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

LINK. 2017. Gouache & Acryla Gouache on paper, 9 × 12″.

I've been spending a little too much time on these commissions as of late, but the result is a more painterly style. This latest batch has been done in gouache and usually clock in around 6 hours. Previously, these portraits were done mostly in watercolor and took 3-4 hours.

I've also been playing with lighting thanks to the Handy app on my phone and tablet. Cast shadows have never been easier!


(shhh... I used the female head)


raw scan

3 comments :

  1. Thanks for the nod towards the handy app! I tried it out and it's great! I really enjoy your gauche paintings. I've never tried it, but it looks almost like oils in some cases...not quite, but sort of...at least in scans? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gouache is definitely worth a try — you can make it look like watercolor or oil or pretty much anything.

      Delete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.