Happy Birthday, Mom!

Thursday, October 9, 2008


My blog and I would like to wish my Mom the happiest of birthdays. She brought me into this world... and made sure I stayed in it for at least 18 years (if not longer). You can check out her very own blog here.



This touching family photo is brought to you by Walgreens. I remember when this picture was taken because I was in a bad mood at the time. I had not yet learned to draw and my Mom was already pressuring me to become a famous comic book artist. What mother doesn't wish that for her child? As for Dad, what's with that beard?



Here my Mom, Boba Fett, and I share another touching moment after my senior show at RISD. I had spent the entire night setting up the gallery and was dead tired. Public Safety walked by and thought I was drunk. Not so! By this time, my Dad had given me his chops so that he could sport a goatee.

5 comments :

  1. thanks kiddo! guess i better post something new for my birthday.
    i think you were 10 days old in that photo...and yes, that beard was scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your mom!

    Coincidentally, my mom's birthday is also this month. There's probably some bad joke to be made there, in the theme of "great minds think alike", but I can't think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Ginger! Love the old picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that's my Boba!
    Double hey! That's my sketchbook!

    ...my god, that show was nearly 6 years ago now. Whew boy.

    Also, vintage photos of your parents? Always classic.

    AND

    Your Mom has a blog! That's so cute!

    Furthermore

    Happy (belated) Birthday Virginia.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © The Self-Absorbing Man
Design out of the FlyBird's Box.